activities overview, take N

Matthew Dawson matthewjd at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:34:11 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 13 October 2009 13:09:26 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On October 12, 2009, Chani wrote:
> > > * in a-containment-per-virtual-desktop mode (which i'm starting to feel
> > >  small amounts of regret over offering ... but maybe i'm just being
> > >  pessimistic :) the "Choose Activities" would be per-virtual-desktop. if
> > >  you wanted to migrate an activity from one desktop to another, you'd
> > > have to store it first. the more i think about per-virtual-desktop
> > > containments the more i cringe, though.
> >
> > this paragraph makes me cringe. I don't get it and I'm not sure I want to.
>
> yeah, same here.

Thinking about the "a-containment-per-virtual-desktop mode", I feel like I use that feature as a substitute for the missing ability of having nepomuk tied activities.  I'd think once you have activities proper this feature will seem (and feel) redundant.  Maybe the better option would be to simply remove the "a-containment-per-virtual-desktop mode" once activities are done?

Another major benefit from this feature is the easy switching between different containments.  I am sure there are better ways to switch containments then having virtual desktops tied to containments, so I doubt this is any reason to retain them.

Matthew