activities overview, take N

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Oct 13 19:00:27 CEST 2009

On October 13, 2009, Shantanu Tushar Jha wrote:
> Well, if we associate windows with a certain activity, I think we're kind
>  of going to the virtual desktop idea. As I said earlier, this whole
>  virtual desktop + activity concept seems to confuse people (even more when

the problem is that virtual desktops are spatial in representation and we were
also showing the activity spatially. ergo the conflict. but activities don't
necessarily have to be spatial. they can also be purely semantic and a
compliment to window grouping.

looking at the various use cases for virtual desktops today, it's probably not
possible to fuse activities and virtual desktops in a 1:1 relationship without
breaking a large number of work flows.

humru othro a kohnu se