kdereview applets

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 02:59:59 CEST 2009

> Maybe yes (could be a bit more consistent), maybe not (probably will not
> show some windows that are not displayed by task manager).
> And possibility to manage them is sometimes useful (sometimes it is the
> only possibility).
> For example I have Gkrellm window and it is shown only there so I can for
> example show again it's window after using "Show Desktop" plasmoid (it
> should be fixed to restore minimized windows after second click, if
> nothing changed - users sometimes want to check for example weather
> forecast displayed by applet placed on desktop and then restore windows).
> In case of menu that is shown only when needed we can put there some
> "extra" windows that are not shown by task manager which is visible all
> the time.

what sorts of extra windows do you show that aren't in a normal taskbar? why
do you show them? (I'm curious :)

after looking at the tasks engine, yeah, if these are things libtaskmanager
filters out it's probably best left the way it is.

> > as for the cascade/unclutter... is anything else actually using
> > KWindowListMenu any more? does the code really belong there? is it
> > something
> > we have to leave there until kde 5, or is there a more appropriate place
> > for
> > it..?
>
> Personally I think that this class should be removed and these methods
> could be moved to KWindowSystem class (even if not removing that class).

sounds like a good idea to me...

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com