kdereview applets

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:14:34 CEST 2009

On 10-10-2009 at 00:46:05 Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> huh.
> ah, I see now, you're using its slots...
> in my mouse plugin I didn't add those functions because I'd forgotten
> they
> existed. :) and I didn't know about KWindowListMenu at all back then.

Sometimes it is better to check playground, maybe someone already did
something similar that could be useful to find some solutions. ;-)

> well, given that you're clearing the menu itself, I'd like to see it
> filled
> with data from the tasks engine. does that seem reasonable?

Maybe yes (could be a bit more consistent), maybe not (probably will not
show some windows that are not displayed by task manager).
And possibility to manage them is sometimes useful (sometimes it is the
only possibility).
For example I have Gkrellm window and it is shown only there so I can for
example show again it's window after using "Show Desktop" plasmoid (it
should be fixed to restore minimized windows after second click, if
nothing changed - users sometimes want to check for example weather
forecast displayed by applet placed on desktop and then restore windows).
In case of menu that is shown only when needed we can put there some
"extra" windows that are not shown by task manager which is visible all
the time.

> as for the cascade/unclutter... is anything else actually using
> KWindowListMenu any more? does the code really belong there? is it
> something
> we have to leave there until kde 5, or is there a more appropriate place
> for
> it..?

Personally I think that this class should be removed and these methods
could be moved to KWindowSystem class (even if not removing that class).