kdereview applets

Chani chanika at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 00:46:05 CEST 2009

On October 9, 2009 08:26:38 Emdek wrote:
> On 08-10-2009 at 21:47:53 Chani <chanika at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> windowlist: kdebase, after the cleanups noted in my previous email on
> >> the
> >> topic
> >
> > I just looked at the code.
> > it's not using the tasks dataengine.
> > nor is it using the windowlist code in kdebase that FolderView used to
> > use.
> > it's *reimplementing* that windowlist code.
>
> I'm not sure who is reimplementing it really, I've made that applet from
> scratch in January. ;-)

> > no, wait. it *is* using KWindowListMenu. but at the same time, it's not,
> > it's
> > doing all the work itself. I'm confused. and I don't like it.
>
> It uses it only for these two actions, cascading windows and unclutter
> desktop.
>

> Everything was done for reason but it could be always improved, I'm open
> for suggestions.

huh.
ah, I see now, you're using its slots...
in my mouse plugin I didn't add those functions because I'd forgotten they
existed. :) and I didn't know about KWindowListMenu at all back then.

well, given that you're clearing the menu itself, I'd like to see it filled
with data from the tasks engine. does that seem reasonable?

as for the cascade/unclutter... is anything else actually using
KWindowListMenu any more? does the code really belong there? is it something
we have to leave there until kde 5, or is there a more appropriate place for
it..?

--
This message brought to you by eevil bananas and the number 3.
www.chani3.com