Adjustable Clock, Spell Check and Window List applets moved to kdereview

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 21:18:56 CEST 2009

On 09-10-2009 at 20:19:40 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> right clicking is "well known" to trigger a context menu, but other than
> that
> special behaviour we try not to overload mouse button clicks with various
> behaviours. the reason is that these behaviours are not discoverable and
> end
> up with items requiring multi-button mice. fingers tend to only have one
> button. ;)

Sure. ;-)

But multi button mouses are something normal (and these with middle button
are something typical for at least five years) and we already have some
signals in API that propagate information about clicks done using other
buttons (for example for tool tip previews).
I'm thinking mostly about middle button, I'm using it in at least two
applets now and to make it work I need to use event handlers in applet (it
only displays icon so this is not big problem) and this has some
disadvantages.
Mostly that without adding some code that is already used in IconWidget
after dragging applet using middle click "action" will be also fired
(IconWidget checks click position).