Adjustable Clock, Spell Check and Window List applets moved to kdereview

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Oct 9 20:19:40 CEST 2009

On October 9, 2009, you wrote:
> On 09-10-2009 at 19:28:57 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> > On October 9, 2009, you wrote:

> >> Yes, it is good idea.
> >> It could check if there is selection in clipboard and if not then try to
> >> find copied text (backward compatibility).
> >
> > sounds good
>
> There is one problem, once selected text stays in clipboard also after
> removing selection, it is changed only when we select something new...
> I've added kind of workaround, middle click forces to use copied text (it
> is sometimes useful and doesn't add new option), is that OK for you?

traditionally this would be the other way around: middle click would paste the
selection. but in this case, it probably makes more sense to default to what
is selected.

QClipboard offers changed signals, so it would be possible to track which was
changed last (selection or copy/paste) and default to that, but that would
mean waking up the plasma shell a _lot_ during normal usage. QClipboard
doesn't provide any age property on clipboard content either ... so sure,
let's go with your solution.

> By the waymaybe it is good idea to add to Plasma::IconWidget support for
> using middle (and maybe right) click with it and emit additional clicked
> signal with pressed button as parameter?

right clicking is "well known" to trigger a context menu, but other than that
special behaviour we try not to overload mouse button clicks with various
behaviours. the reason is that these behaviours are not discoverable and end
up with items requiring multi-button mice. fingers tend to only have one
button. ;)

> >> it

> >> implementation

> >> That option was added because many users wanted to have "old style" icon
> >> (like in KDE 3.5).
> >> If you want, I can simply remove it or add that improvement.
> >
> > i don't see why it would need to be pixel-exact with 3.5. the up arrow
> > was
> > never exactly obviously, to say the least. i'd say just remove it.
>
> OK, if someone will complain it can be always readded later. ;-)

humru othro a kohnu se