Review Request: WebView Kinetic Scrolling

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 11:55:12 CEST 2009

On Sunday 04 October 2009, Kenneth Christiansen wrote:
> > api wise of course it doesn't have much, because as our plasma one just
> > wraps the most useful functions of qwebframe and qwebpage,, however just
> > taking a quick look...
>
> I saw that you have added some extra API like setHorizontalScroll or
> something similar. If you have some extra methods that you need and
> think are generally useful, please discuss them with us :-)

this whas added to achieve scrolling by flicking (even in an animate way, by
dragging fastly the webview and "launching" it)
right now is done by a private class (right now with timers, will be ported to
kinetic) that sets the scrollvalue properties to achieve that.
seems a sane approach?
also this behaiur would make sense at lower levels in qt or perhaps is better
that gets implemented by users of qgraphicswebwiew?

as for make plasma::webview use qgraphicswebwiew:
-keep both, separate implementations (uugly :)
-webview subclassesqgraphicswebwiew (aaah, bic)
-webview is an empty qgraphicswidget that contains nothing but a
qgraphicswebwiew: i think despite ugly it's the only feasible option?

> > progressChanged() signal. we and qwebpage too use loadProgress() maybe
> > using the same name for consitency?
>
> I will take that up at our next API review, thanks.
>
> > isInteractive() is isContentEditable() of qwebpage? if it is they should
> > be called the same way, if not what is the difference?
>
> Nope, it is like in the DUI and in the QGraphicsScene. It simply
> blocks events (mouse etc) from reaching the page.
>
> > atm i can't come up with other stuff :)
>
> OK :-) If you come up with something, ping me at #qtwebkit (freenode)
> or just e-mail me.
>
> Thanks!
> Kenneth

Marco Martin