QtScript bindings

Tommi Mikkonen tjm at cs.tut.fi
Sun Oct 4 09:23:37 CEST 2009

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On October 1, 2009, Tommi Mikkonen wrote:
>
>> We've done a quick and dirty port of most of the lively stuff inside
>> plasmoids. A screenshot is attached. In the screenshot, there are a
>> number of things: a plasmoid that fetches images from Flickr based on a
>> given keyword, a plain old map application, and a map that is augmented
>> with web camera feeds coming from different points of interests. All the
>> plasmoids are nicely responsive and work pretty well. All application
>> logic is implemented with JavaScript.
>>

> very nice! is this using the QtScript bindings or the Lively engine directly,
> or?

The system is based directly to QtScript bindings. We're using a single
plasmoid (containing QtScript VM + bindings) that loads a predefined JS
script, which can then be used as a launcher for a number of apps. For
real use, there should be a way to connect the system to user defined
scripts, preferably similarly to already existing JS scripts.
> if you don't have one already, get a KDE commit account:
>
> 	http://techbase.kde.org/Contribute/Get_a_SVN_Account
>
> then commit all of this into /trunk/playground/plasma/ (maybe
> /trunk/playground/plasma/lively?) and we can go from there.

Ok, will do this (provided that the supporting companies think this is
ok --- I'm meeting them Mon).

tjm