Subject: PlasMate questions

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 6 18:54:32 CET 2009

On November 6, 2009, Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) wrote:
> This is an annoying issue, but now I think it's more important to fix other
> bad behaviours, in my opinion ( for example, the editor should prompt the
> user to save the file when closing PlasMate, instead of losing unsaved
> changes )

it should simply save it automatically. just like it currently does when you
switch between files.

> > Second, I think minus some rough edges (like the abovementioned issue),
> > the previewer+editor is mostly done (for plasmoids anyway). I'm thinking
> > it's probably time to start making progress on the publishing widget. Do
> > we have a mockup or something of that sitting somewhere that I can refer
> > to to get me started? :)
>
> IIRC, there were rumors about using gitorious to publish the projects, but
>  I haven't heard no one for further confirmation.

yes, but this should go into the timeline support. publishing is for final
artifacts (e.g. packages)

> Regardless this point, we have to provide a way to sign/verify the projects
> ( using QCA ? ) accordingly with the example i wrote some time ago (
> blue/green/yellow/red flags for trusting policy ).

ah, great. where is this example? we really ought to have this integrated into
libplasma using Plasma::TrustLevel.

humru othro a kohnu se