Subject: PlasMate questions

Diego Casella ([Po]lentino) polentino911 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 13:47:26 CET 2009

This is an annoying issue, but now I think it's more important to fix other
bad behaviours, in my opinion ( for example, the editor should prompt the
user to save the file when closing PlasMate, instead of losing unsaved
changes )

> Second, I think minus some rough edges (like the abovementioned issue), the
> previewer+editor is mostly done (for plasmoids anyway). I'm thinking it's
> probably time to start making progress on the publishing widget. Do we have
> a mockup or something of that sitting somewhere that I can refer to to get
> me started? :)

IIRC, there were rumors about using gitorious to publish the projects, but I
haven't heard no one for further confirmation.
Regardless this point, we have to provide a way to sign/verify the projects
( using QCA ? ) accordingly with the example i wrote some time ago (
blue/green/yellow/red flags for trusting policy ).

> Third, I'm guessing that the 'New' buttons in the editor tree should not
> behave like they currently do. I'm guessing they should really pop up a
> dialog asking for a filename for the new file? I'm also thinking that this
> dialog should probably be the same as the one you see in dolphin/konqueror
> when creating a new file, so... is there a possibility of reusing some code
> somewhere for that?
>
> Fourth, I noticed that katepart creates backup files (terminating with a
> '~') whenever plasmate autosaves a file, and then that backup file shows up
> in the editor tree and makes it look ugly :P It clearly has to go, my
> question is does it make more sense to just get plasmate to ignore files
> ending with a '~', or should I find a way to stop katepart from creating
> backups?

We can also tweak this issue by filtering and skipping these files when
creating the tree view; i dont really want to disable the backup feature (
what could happen if the power goes down ?)

> Thanks in advance :)

cheers =)