Firefox Bookmark runner

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Mon Nov 2 16:00:03 CET 2009

On Monday 02 November 2009 15:53:24 Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
> BTW, I'm working on the new konqueror bookmarks system. I'm not sure
> if it will be finally in KDE 4.4 because it still needs some work. In
> this bookmarks system, bookmarks are going to be stored in Nepomuk.
> Hence, I have a patch for the Nepomuk search runner that modifies it
> to show the bookmarks results a bit better (patch available in
> http://github.com/edulix/gsoc/blob/master/kdebase-bookmarks.patch,
> take a look only at the workspace/plasma part of it). In case this new
> bookmarks system ships in, I don't know if mixing the firefox and
> konqueror bookmarks in nepomuk runner would be a good idea? What could
> be the best way in that case?

Possibly just watching the FF bookmarks file and copying them into Nepomuk.
This is effectively what Zeitgeist does with web browsing history- it has its
own metadata database but they are talking about merging it with Tracker.  Of
course watching the file, copying and reading it is inefficient.  Maybe the
best way is to do this directly in FF with a FF KDE helper, as we use for the
FF KDE file dialog integration in openSUSE.

Will