Firefox Bookmark runner

Eduardo Robles Elvira edulix at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:53:24 CET 2009

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:02 PM, Jan Gerrit Marker
<jangmarker at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Montag 02 November 2009 14:48:27 schrieb Sebastian Kügler:
>> No problem. You can just make the changes to the runner (and possibly give
>>  it a more generic name). If you got it working, post the patch to
>>  reviewboard. Assuming it's OK, we'll merge it.
> I think the right runner is this one:
> KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma/generic/runners/bookmarks ?
> As far as I can see, it has got the name "Bookmarks", this one should be ok. I
> would change Konqueror specific texts to "web browser" and that should be
> enough.
>> Since soft feature freeze is looming, if you intend to merge it after
>>  November 4th (likely), please add it to the feature plan on
>> http://techbase.kde.org/Schedules/KDE4/4.4_Feature_Plan
> After getting an account I added it to the section KRunner in kdebase-
> workspace. I hope that's ok.
>
> Thanks, Jan

BTW, I'm working on the new konqueror bookmarks system. I'm not sure
if it will be finally in KDE 4.4 because it still needs some work. In
this bookmarks system, bookmarks are going to be stored in Nepomuk.
Hence, I have a patch for the Nepomuk search runner that modifies it
to show the bookmarks results a bit better (patch available in
http://github.com/edulix/gsoc/blob/master/kdebase-bookmarks.patch,
take a look only at the workspace/plasma part of it). In case this new
bookmarks system ships in, I don't know if mixing the firefox and
konqueror bookmarks in nepomuk runner would be a good idea? What could
be the best way in that case?

Regards,
   Eduardo