KDE/kdelibs/plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri May 1 18:32:59 CEST 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 30 April 2009, David Nolden wrote:
> > SVN commit 961915 by zwabel:
> >
> > - Allow painting a background color, or a background pattern behind
> > freely floating elements of the theme, to provide a better fallback
> > mechanism for transparent themes when composition is not available. The
> > color/pattern is
>
> please revert this commit. (or i will.)

i have reverted these changes, given that David evidently isn't going to.

in fact, there was a new commit today that withdrew the public API bits (which
is good) but completely failed to address any of the actual design issues
raised.

David, plasma is not a place where you can simply shove code through simply on
the merit that you have an svn account. we work together, towards consensus
and try and keep things focused and on-track. there was discussion about what
would be workable (a colour wash behind the transparent versions of the svgs,
drawn from the theme config itself), and if you wish to implement that please
do so (though please follow the coding style guide; we use the kdelibs coding
style in libplasma).

humru othro a kohnu se