Google Summer of Code 2009: Raptor Menu

Lukas Appelhans l.appelhans at gmx.de
Tue Mar 24 14:07:21 CET 2009

On Dienstag 24 März 2009 00:38:44 Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Hi Max,
>
> Welcome to Plasma :)
>
> On Monday 23 March 2009 21:31:56 Max Greenblatt wrote:
> >    I am a senior in computer engineering at the University of Michigan.
> > I am a huge fan of KDE 4.0 and I found the proposed Raptor menu to be
> > extremely interesting. I have not done any KDE development before but I
> > have a good amount of C++ experience from school. I would like to write
> > a proposal for Google's SoC using the Raptor menu as my project. I was
> > wondering what you would be looking for in a proposal and where I could
> > find more information than the road map and other bits of information on
> > the website. Thanks!
>
> TechBase has most the information necessary:
> http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Summer_of_Code/2009/Ideas
>
> You can of course post more detailed questions or drafts of your proposal
> here (or on #plasma-devel on the Freenode IRC network) to get feedback
> before you submit it to the gsoc proposals.
>
> Cheers,
Hey!

Well, we don't want to disappoint you, but a GSoC for raptor has been
discussed in 2 threads here already, both with the result that it's not
necessary or would need some rethink ;)

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/raptor/2009-March/000104.html
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/raptor/2009-March/000107.html

As said, don't want to disappoint you in any way, of course you're welcome to
join development even if it's not in SoC...

Lukas