Summer of Code - Plasma Telepathy Integration

Marco Martin notmart at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:19:14 CET 2009

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Ronny Yabar Aizcorbe
<ronnycontacto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Plasma Team. I am Computer Science student from Peru and  I'm passionate
> about the Free and Open Source Software. I participated in Summer of Code
> 2008 for the Security Foundation and this Gsoc 2009 want  to join the
> amazing KDE Community.
>
> I am particularly interested in Telepathy integration for Plasma, because I
> am getting familiar with these technologies and understand much better the
> concepts. I followed some recommendations George Goldberg (grundleborg) sent
> me. Telepathy looks challenging, but I was really interesting, funny start
> learning and reading about it.
>
> At first, I am going to start writing a plasmoid for presence management, be
> able to interact with the mission control and connection managers. I tried
> the applet and dataengine for presence that exist, but they are still in
> development and do basic things.
>
> In this summer,I want to improve considerably that work and implement the
> things you really need for this project. Looking PDFs from FOSS conferences,
> I see that telepathy work with these twelve things: Contact List, Chat,
> Logging, File Transfer, Voice Call, Avatars, AIM, MSN, XMPP, SIP, ICQ, IRC.
>
> Which ones are the most important to you?. Please, I would like to receive
> your feedback to improve this proposal and contribute to your objectives.

there is already the beginning of a presence plasmoid into playground,
using decibel that is our bridge to telepathy and iirc now the work on
it is restarted
you should get in touch with the decibel people too, unfortunately
right now i don't have enough clues to redirect to really the right
people

Cheers,
Marco Martin