plasmate project: suggestion for timeline view

Denis Kormalev kormalev.denis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:28:22 CET 2009

Plasmate project will have some timeline view as some of you know. It will act
like simple interface to version control system (git backend).
I want to know your opinions and suggestions for it. I want to show your some
scratch I made for it and describe it some more.

User selects date and select zoom he want (for now I can say about next zooms:
day zoom, week zoom, month zoom, year zoom, eternity zoom) below. Zoom is
simply a range of commits that are shown to user now.
It will show in central widget tree of commits (I think 2-columns: date and
summary). At different zooms user will show different groups of course ;)
At the bottom there are some buttons to work with save points. So user can
create new save point, revert to old or read info about selected point. Also
there are buttons to expand all tree or collapse all tree.

What can you say about it?

Denis Kormalev (Black Tass).