KRunner keywords and translations

Ryan P. Bitanga ryan.bitanga at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 07:03:04 CET 2009

2009/1/15 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Wednesday 14 January 2009, Anne-Marie Mahfouf wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am occasionally helping with French translation and I was wondering about
>> KRunner keywords.
>>
>> - can anyone check if they work? they don't for me.
>
> hm.. it should; it's comparing against the translated versions... could it be
> that the translation catalog isn't being loaded? hm...
>
>> - if so I think we should add info about the used keywords so that users
>> will be able to use them. I don't think the PowerDevil ones can be guessed
>> (not even probably in English) Not sure where this info can be added, is it
>> possible to add a tab in the About dialog for example?
>
> this comes up every month or two and i keep giving the same answer; eventually
> i'll just give up procrastinating and actually implement it ;)

Just a thought... Wouldn't it be easier if only a single keyword were
used then multiple actions returned for that particular keyword?
Anyway sounds more like something that should be solved by improving
documentation. Neither of the KRunner interfaces offers a way to find
help and aside from a short paragraph in the Plasma manual, there's
hardly any visible user documentation.