Icons only mode for tasks plasmoid

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 19:15:55 CET 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009, Martin Gräßlin wrote:
> Please have a look at the attached patch and give comments on it ;-)

before this goes in (and the patch looks ok at first read) i think we may want
to step back and ask ourselves:

"Do we really want a task bar that behaves exactly like the current task bar,
except that it has no text?"

- or -

"Do we want a task bar that actually has the semantics of a dock?"

if the latter, we ought to create a sperate widget. this new widget and the
tasks widget can certainly share a lot of code and classes, but i don't think
that shoving more and more options in and complicating the code more and more
makes the most sense if what we really want is a dock when it's all said and
done.

btw, in the code, instead of doing the checkedState comparison, you can just
do isChecked(). so much shorter =) checkedState only really matters for
tristate controls.

humru othro a kohnu se