tasks applet: group popup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 21:43:45 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009 20:47:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > > Since i'm totally unexperienced with such stuff it would be nice if
> > > someone could tell me if this could work or rather not.
> >
> > you would need to replace the now-offscreen item with a spacer item of
> > the same size (and keep them in sync) so that the layout would still
> > "look" right.
>
> I'm not sure if you understood me correctly.

no, we're on the same page.

> parentlayout intact. For the popup a dialog would then be used. But i don't
> think one would have to keep them in sync?

only if we can guarantee that the size (title + icon) won't change mid-flight.

> > this would create the visual illusion of them being connected without
> > them actually being so.
>
> ok, but then the proper background and the drag&drop functionality would be
> still missing if i got this right...

if the anchor point is just a title, then it doesn't need to participate in
drag and drop within the popup, and it would behave normally with the rest of
the taskbar. i don't see how d'n'd as it is currently done in the taskbar
would be affected in the least.

the background would be fine, as well, following the painting methods i
described.

humru othro a kohnu se