tasks applet: group popup

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 24 21:05:05 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 20:47:17 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > Since i'm totally unexperienced with such stuff it would be nice if
> > someone could tell me if this could work or rather not.
>
> you would need to replace the now-offscreen item with a spacer item of the
> same size (and keep them in sync) so that the layout would still "look"
> right.
I'm not sure if you understood me correctly. I did not mean to place the
expanded TaskGroupItem always offscreen and place a plasma::dialog in the
group to show it.
I rather want to move the taskgroupitem only offscreen when the popup should
be shown. The spacer would remain in the group then to keep the parentlayout
intact. For the popup a dialog would then be used. But i don't think one would
have to keep them in sync?

> i think an easier approach would be to simply not draw the top/bottom
> (depending on location) of the group item and position the popup window
> carefully so that they line up. then in the popup, paint over the border
> area that lines up with the group item.
>
> this would create the visual illusion of them being connected without them
> actually being so.
ok, but then the proper background and the drag&drop functionality would be
still missing if i got this right...