tasks applet: group popup

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Feb 24 20:47:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Since i'm totally unexperienced with such stuff it would be nice if someone
> could tell me if this could work or rather not.

you would need to replace the now-offscreen item with a spacer item of the
same size (and keep them in sync) so that the layout would still "look" right.

i think an easier approach would be to simply not draw the top/bottom
(depending on location) of the group item and position the popup window
carefully so that they line up. then in the popup, paint over the border area
that lines up with the group item.

this would create the visual illusion of them being connected without them
actually being so.

humru othro a kohnu se