Two python plasmoid questions...

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Apr 18 19:47:17 CEST 2009

Hi all,

altough I am programming with Qt since 1.4X days and even had an kde svn
account (which could be deactivated these days), I am pretty new to
development with KDE4 and Plasma.
Nevertheless I am trying to write a small weighted (loaded?) dice to get the
grades for my students in a fun way. Thats what the Dice plasmoid on kde-look
is for...

Now I am stuck with two problems:

1) I am using a layout to hold the (growing) number of widgets together. And
it works almost as expected, only the overall size of the applet seems to not
follow. Meaning the plasmoid will allow resizing smaller then the contents. Is
this an error on my part or general plasma-error?
I realize that the DixieClock seems to have the same or a similar problem...

2) I can't get plasma to even try to show a configuration. A derived
showConfigurationInterface() gets called, but as far as I understand the
default implementation should do the right thing and users should just
implement createConfigurationInterface(), right?

BTW: The plasmoid is in python and I am using KDE4.2.2...

Thanks for your answers and have a nice weekend,

Arnold