Usability questions for Mandelbrot

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 10 19:01:33 CEST 2009

On Friday 10 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> 1) There doesn't seem to be a QCursor::setCursor(). There is a
> setCursor method in QWidget and in QApplication; how can i leverage
> either?

if (qApp) {
    qApp->setCursor(..);
}

> 2) There are no hoverEnterEvent and hoverLeaveEvent methods in
> Wallpaper. So I tried reimplementing QObject::event() but it doesn't
> seem to ever get called: the following gives nothing, not even the
> mouse events that are well handled:

yes, i think you can only do it on mouse press/release atm. wallpaper don't
support hover effects, which may have been a real oversight when we were
designing them. unfortunately adding new virtuals isn't possible, though if
hover really becomes an issue would could introduce a new WallaperV2 sort of
class that does this...

humru othro a kohnu se