Usability questions for Mandelbrot

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 16:21:53 CEST 2009

2009/4/10 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> On Thursday 09 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
>> 2009/4/9 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
>> > QCursor::setCursor?
>>
>> ah, thanks!
>>
>> > i wonder if the hoverOut events are accurate enough for that though..
>> > hm..
>>
>> i can't seem to find any hoverEvents in the Wallpaper class. Anyway if
>> it's nontrivial then better just leave the default mouse pointer!
>
> try it; it _should_ just work. if it doesn't, let me know. ;)

OK, here's where I'm stuck:

1) There doesn't seem to be a QCursor::setCursor(). There is a
setCursor method in QWidget and in QApplication; how can i leverage
either?

2) There are no hoverEnterEvent and hoverLeaveEvent methods in
Wallpaper. So I tried reimplementing QObject::event() but it doesn't
seem to ever get called: the following gives nothing, not even the
mouse events that are well handled:

bool Mandelbrot::event(QEvent *e)
{
  kDebug() << "event" << e->type();