Mandelbrot progress, need Qt GUI help!

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Apr 10 08:03:10 CEST 2009

On Thursday 09 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> one more GUI question please!
>
> When I resize the Desktop Settings dialog horizontally, I'd expect the
> Mandelbrot controls to resize automatically to use the extra space.
> That's what happens with the Pattern wallpaper's controls. But I can't
> seem to obtain this behavior. I tried to mimic Pattern everywhere I
> could see, like setting the sizes to MinimumExpanding, but still no
> luck... any ideas?

it's because you didn't put a layout in the widget itself. to do so in
designer:

* click on the background
* select a layout from the toolbar

this is equivalent to:

QWidget *topLevelWidget  = new QWidget(this);
QGridLayout *layout = new QGridLayout(topLevelWidget); // or whatever kind of
layout you want
layout->addWidget(..);

i've modified and committed your .ui file so that it fits the PIG (plasma
interface guidelines).. enjoy :)

humru othro a kohnu se