Mandelbrot progress, need Qt GUI help!

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 15:31:39 CEST 2009

2009/4/10 Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org>:
> it's because you didn't put a layout in the widget itself. to do so in
> designer:
>
> * click on the background
> * select a layout from the toolbar
>
> this is equivalent to:
>
> QWidget *topLevelWidget  = new QWidget(this);
> QGridLayout *layout = new QGridLayout(topLevelWidget); // or whatever kind of
> layout you want
> layout->addWidget(..);
>
> i've modified and committed your .ui file so that it fits the PIG (plasma
> interface guidelines).. enjoy :)

Thanks a lot!
I allowed myself to remove the horiz spacer to the right of the
KComboBox, letting it be horizontally expanded.
Indeed (also to answer Andrew's question) my motivation was that the
last items in this combo box could fail to fit in the given space,
when i18n'ed.

One question -- you made the ColorButtons be both horizontally and
vertically expandable, is that wanted? looking at other wallpapers,
this isn't how they do (though i have packages from a few days ago).

Cheers,
Benoit