Mandelbrot progress, need Qt GUI help!

Andrew Stromme astromme at chatonka.com
Wed Apr 8 04:15:10 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009 21:47:02 Benoit Jacob wrote:
> 2009/4/8 Andrew Stromme <astromme at chatonka.com>:
> > It would be nice to have more descriptive names than "Color 1", "Color 2"
> > etc.. for the color selection. Maybe something like "Inside Color",
> > "Outline Color", "Fringe Color" or "Main Color", "Secondary Color",
> > etc... would be more self-explanatory?
>
> Good idea. I have just a question which I'm afraid will reveal how
> much of an ignorant I am when it comes to GUI. I am afraid that these
> i18n'ed strings might become too long in certain languages to fit in
> the given horizontal space in the dialog. Or would it be automatically
> resized then? Do i need to do anything specific in Designer to let
> that happen?

It would be nice if someone else could give some input, I haven't used
designer much. I'm pretty sure that in this case, the minimum size hint would
be changed if the text was larger than what you see as the available width.
This could be wrong, but I'm reasonably sure that is what would happen. As for
i18n, I think that they're translatable by default, you don't have to set a
flag in designer.

Andrew Stromme