Mandelbrot progress, need Qt GUI help!

Benoit Jacob jacob.benoit.1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 03:47:02 CEST 2009

2009/4/8 Andrew Stromme <astromme at chatonka.com>:
> It would be nice to have more descriptive names than "Color 1", "Color 2"
> etc.. for the color selection. Maybe something like "Inside Color", "Outline
> Color", "Fringe Color" or "Main Color", "Secondary Color", etc... would be
> more self-explanatory?

Good idea. I have just a question which I'm afraid will reveal how
much of an ignorant I am when it comes to GUI. I am afraid that these
i18n'ed strings might become too long in certain languages to fit in
the given horizontal space in the dialog. Or would it be automatically
resized then? Do i need to do anything specific in Designer to let
that happen?

> I assume "Fineness" means "Level of Detail" or "Graphics Quality"? Would one
> of those be more descriptive to the user?

OK. It means technically the "number of iterations". So i guess that
"level of detail" is ok.

> Lastly, and in the same vein, "Lock" could be something like "Allow
> Panning/Zooming with mouse" (of course then it would probably be checked by
> default) or "Lock Current View".

I like "lock current view".

> Also, what would be cool is if
> enabling/disabling the lock didn't reset the view as well,

That's of course the goal, and what you're discussing here is the bug
that i mention in the other thread (solved in my local copy).

> Of course these are all just suggestions, and relatively minor :).

Thanks, it's always useful to have input from a native english speaker!

Benoit