Mandelbrot progress, need Qt GUI help!

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Apr 8 05:41:01 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> 2009/4/8 Andrew Stromme <astromme at chatonka.com>:
> > It would be nice to have more descriptive names than "Color 1", "Color 2"
> > etc.. for the color selection. Maybe something like "Inside Color",
> > "Outline Color", "Fringe Color" or "Main Color", "Secondary Color",
> > etc... would be more self-explanatory?
>
> Good idea. I have just a question which I'm afraid will reveal how
> much of an ignorant I am when it comes to GUI. I am afraid that these
> i18n'ed strings might become too long in certain languages to fit in
> the given horizontal space in the dialog.

the colour strings above are fine. they will "grow" in some languages, but
this dialog isn't running out of horizontal space just yet ;)

> > I assume "Fineness" means "Level of Detail" or "Graphics Quality"? Would
> > one of those be more descriptive to the user?
>
> OK. It means technically the "number of iterations". So i guess that
> "level of detail" is ok.

Level of detail is a good one, yes.

> > Lastly, and in the same vein, "Lock" could be something like "Allow
> > Panning/Zooming with mouse" (of course then it would probably be checked
> > by default) or "Lock Current View".
>
> I like "lock current view".

Agreed; or even just "Lock view". you can put a tooltip on it noting that it
means not interactivity such as panning and zooming with the mouse.

humru othro a kohnu se