Tool tips ideas

Emdek emdeck at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:30:32 CEST 2009

> well, the subtitle can actually be html, so there can be a quite good
> level of
> customization (look at the pager tooltip for instance)

Yes, I know that, but this helps "only" in making look them very custom (in sense of appearance), but doesn't help so much in making them behave different (for example add actions to them, with icons, but maybe someone would want to add for example more complex widget in own application)...

> for custom widgets i think that's really overkill, it adds quite some
> complexity and error prone

Yes, of course, but with this developers could achieve next step in customization.
Maybe someone have some time to test it at least, maybe in practice it would look better than in theory. ;-)

>(to not talking about the style, since all
> widgets
> added here should custom paint with the plasma style, since tooltips are
> qwidgets, so no plasma widgets in here)

Yes, but it is easier to make widget pretty (for example using theme elements or at least colors) than making own tool tips that don't differ from these in Plasma (mainly because of that move animation). ;-)