playground applets

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Sep 30 17:06:23 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 30 September 2008, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > candidates for base 4.2
> > =============
> > systray-refactor - needs the plasmoid protocol finished out, but

> > remove?
> > ======
> > extendified_notify - once we've got the systray-refactor down
>
> I've merged extendified_notify into systray-refactor already.

great; i'll remove this one today then.

> The remaining issues (that I know of) are:
> * The correct icon isn't being set on notifications (internal API issue)

internal to the systray-refactor widget .. or?

> * The extender doesn't close after all notifications disappear (possible
>    fix locally)

cool ...

> * Detached notifications don't close. (What to do about this?)

good question; since the user detaches them manually, i think it's ok that
they stay until the user again takes action?

> * Notifications aren't grouped by application. (Not critical but
>    preferred)

agreed

> * Misbehavior of certain applets within the plasmoid protocol or
>    vice-versa. (Still needs investigating)

yes; however, as this is a new feature and one that isn't really visible to
the user unless you go medling with the code or, eventually, the config, i
think this isn't a show stopper for moving into mainline .. still needs to be
addressed of course =)

humru othro a kohnu se