playground applets

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 15:37:52 CEST 2008

Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> candidates for base 4.2
> =============
> systray-refactor - needs the plasmoid protocol finished out, but
> remove?
> ======
> extendified_notify - once we've got the systray-refactor down

I've merged extendified_notify into systray-refactor already.
QSystemTrayIcon::showMessage() should also work via the same mechanism
although I haven't tested it.

The remaining issues (that I know of) are:
* The correct icon isn't being set on notifications (internal API issue)
* The extender doesn't close after all notifications disappear (possible
   fix locally)
* Detached notifications don't close. (What to do about this?)
* Notifications aren't grouped by application. (Not critical but
   preferred)
* Misbehavior of certain applets within the plasmoid protocol or
   vice-versa. (Still needs investigating)

--
Jason Stubbs