Introducing myself (and maybe the team as well)

Artur Souza (MoRpHeUz) artur.souza at openbossa.org
Wed Sep 3 14:03:33 CEST 2008

Hi Sebastian!

2008/9/2 Sebastian Kügler <sebas at kde.org>:
> In Plasma, we have a couple of widget classes (Plasma::Label, Plasma::Button,
> Plasma::Slider, ...) that are currently restyled versions of QWidgets, loaded
> as proxy widgets. We could also use these wrapper classes and present them
> with the same API to the applets. With some sort of switch (config?, compile-
> time?) we'll have the applets use the qedje widgets instead (and with them
> their interaction models that are optimized for a certain set of input
> devices).

  Hmmm...interesting idea.....

> One could also thing of offering widgets styles through gethotnewstuff (an
> installer for addons), putting the .edj files in themes (and adding them to
> the plasmagik packaging tool).

  Aaron has already talked about this with me. He explained that it
would be good to have an AppletScript, so we can do stuff just like
you said.

> Two days earlier, the trolltech qgraphicsview guys have shown some nice
> performance improvements in QGV's clipping mechanics, maybe that'll help
> improving the performance further.

  Yes, we are working really close (not physically close, just
remotely close =P ) with trolltech guys about this benchmark stuff. Do
you remember that Andreas talked about some people who gave some
benchmarks to them ? /me waves =)

  The good point is that we're sharing some results and probably we'll
have improvements not only on desktop but on the device as well
(n8x0).

Cheers!

Artur Duque de Souza
OpenBossa Research Labs