Config dialog for Pastebin Applet

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Oct 8 20:01:55 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 08 October 2008, Thomas Georgiou wrote:
> I wrote the pastebin applet as a simple proof of concept tool, but I
> do not have time to work on it anymore.  Feel free to add whatever you
> want to it.  It would probably be useful to seperate the posting code
> to a dataengine and make it able to use multiple sources.  Right now,
> it is very hardcoded to pastebin.ca.

this is actually one case where a DataEngine doesn't really make sense, as it
isn't actually fetching data.

what it is doing is:

* posting data to a web site
* showing the user the returned URL

which means that this would work as a Plasma::Service. while most Services are
associated with DataEngines, they are also loadable on their own if created as
a Service plugin (in their own .so, not as part of an engine).

i don't know if pastebin'ing is useful enough to create a service plugin for,
but if one wants to do the Full Plasma Monty with this applet, a Service would
be the way to go.

humru othro a kohnu se