more task-refactor issues

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Sun Oct 5 23:38:46 CEST 2008

On Sunday 05 October 2008, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> Yes you're right. Now that i think of it again, the user actually defined
> how many rows he want so the taskbar is full when all rows are full

the user shouldn't need to define how many rows. it should adjust upwars as it
makes sense.

basically, we want to optimize between length for the titles and height of the
entries.

that means tracking the max number of rows that would fit, and the minimum
number that would give us the maximum space for items.

the taskbar in kde 4.0 did this, btw; we could probably life that code almost
directly.

humru othro a kohnu se