more task-refactor issues

Christian Mollekopf chrigi_1 at gmx.ch
Sun Oct 5 23:47:12 CEST 2008

> From: aseigo at kde.org
> To: plasma-devel at kde.org
> Subject: Re: more task-refactor issues
> Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 15:23:21 -0600
>
> On Sunday 05 October 2008, Christian Mollekopf wrote:
> > Multiple Row Support
> >
> > The multipleRow support currently works like this that you can set a
>
> i agree with Marco's input on this.
>
> > Only Group when full (library)
> >
> > -Should a taskbar be considered as full (for the group only when full
> > option) if the first row is full, or if both, rows and columns are full?
>
> all full imho
>
> > The popupMenu seems quite convenient to me. Unfortuantely i wasn't able to
> > implement a BasicMenu on rightclick on a popupmenu entry but this should be
> > ready with the "fancy way" as marco pointed out.
>
> when the user right clicks on a group, we can show a menu populated with each
> entry as a submenu with action ites.

if "action ites" was a mistake an means actions, that is exactly what i tried to implement
(but QActions don't have a  virtual mouseClickEvent function), otherwise i didn't get it ;-)

> > Expanded Group
> >
> > Since the current behaviour isn't working anymore with more than 1 row
> > we have to change it (exept we want to have different behaviour if 1 rows
> > or more are chose..) Ideas:
> > -popup which overlays existing tasks
> > -"zooming in" -> replace the rootGroup layout by the group layout
>
> one possibility is to just give N columns to the expanded group, to a maximum
> of maxColumnsPerRow.

how would this solve the problem, that a group loacted at the end of the first row which gets expanded would have to split?
(since the order is fixed) We could of course move the group to the next row but this would lead to holes in the layout....

> > Show only minimized(iconified) tasks:
> >
> > -should we add this functionality?
>
> yes. this is just library work, though, so shouldn't be too hard to add this
> kind of stuff now =)

yes =)