review of tabbar

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Jul 30 23:15:44 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 30 July 2008, Marco Martin wrote:
> on a logistic note: do i move it to kdereview or can ileave it in
> playground/widgets/tabbar ?

moving it to kdereview is that standard mechanism.

> the thing i am most hesitant on it is the way to make the tabbar vertical:
> it has to be done from TabBar::setTabBarShape() otherwise the layout of the
> tabwidget gets broken
> to me if it would be more simple and supporting only horizontal tabbars
> would be more than ok, but the fact that it's possible to set it vertical
> from nativewidget, uhm not good...

this is probably solvable with a bit of creativity. subclass TabBar and track
the orientation in there; then reimplement tabLayoutChange and check when the
orientation changes (compare the old to the new) and update the look at that
point.

however, i'm not exactly sure what you mean by "layout .. get broken". what
aspect of the layout? do you mean where the widget pages are shown?

> or, even removing the access to nativewidget?

no, that would break the API pattern

humru othro a kohnu se