Folderview mimetype support (revisited)

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 11:37:00 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 22 July 2008, you wrote:
> Hi Aaron,
>
> > show them the same each way i think ... and let the combobox switch
> > betwee "match" or "!match"
>
> No, what I meant is, how the user can do:
>
> - Only pattern filtering
> - Only mimetype filtering
> - Pattern + Mimetype filtering

this is easy: only fill in the fields you care about.

> Given this cases, one can do much powerful search cases, like:
>
> - Pattern + Exclusive Mimetype filtering
> - Exclusive Pattern + Mimetype filtering
> - Exclusive Pattern + Exclusive Mimetype filtering

i really don't see the big gain for mixing inclusive and exclusive matching,
tbh. it will require a more complex UI to make this possible, and it really
seems more like a "because we could" feature than a "because we should"
feature.

what are the use scenarios for mixing inclusive and exlusive filters?

>  From my point of view, the option "No filtering" is still necessary

which is why i included it in my proposal.

humru othro a kohnu se