Folderview mimetype support (revisited)

Rafael Fernández López ereslibre at kde.org
Tue Jul 22 19:42:43 CEST 2008

Hi Aaron,

> show them the same each way i think ... and let the combobox switch betwee
> "match" or "!match"

No, what I meant is, how the user can do:

- Only pattern filtering
- Only mimetype filtering
- Pattern + Mimetype filtering

Given this cases, one can do much powerful search cases, like:

- Pattern + Exclusive Mimetype filtering
- Exclusive Pattern + Mimetype filtering
- Exclusive Pattern + Exclusive Mimetype filtering

If we could have an easy GUI for letting the logic do this, it would
just rock.

 From my point of view, the option "No filtering" is still necessary
from a user point of view (for a non "advanced user"). The default as
"No filtering" is good, and if you know what you are doing, and know
what pattern == "*" is, then good, you can use it, but for the casual
user, maybe an option "No filtering" is just easier to understand.

Regards,
Rafael Fernández López.