Large memory leak in plasma

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Thu Dec 18 22:37:44 CET 2008

On Thursday 18 December 2008, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I have no idea whats causing it.

you and the rest of the people reporting it. ;)

> If it helps, I'm using the latest nvidia binary driver

define "latest"

> While writing this message, its upped to 129MB after switching some
> desktops with the pager, and moving the folderview around a little.

can you watch the memory usage as you do these things and try and pin it down
to exactly what triggers it? e.g. try moving the folderview and see if that
affects things; but ONLY move the folderview. dont switch desktops, give focus
to windows, etc. as that will trigger chages in the pager and tasks widget.

then try switching desktops with the pager ... swapping widows, etc...

having an xrestop running in an always-on-top, on-all-desktops konsole window
can make this all a bit easier to do.

until we track down *some* culprit, it's pretty difficult to start working
towards a fix.

oh, and does this happen if you use the open source driver?

humru othro a kohnu se