Review Request: Add textbox to calendar to copy paste current date

asraniel asraniel at fryx.ch
Thu Dec 4 18:39:56 CET 2008

Am Donnerstag 04 Dezember 2008 18.25:57 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> On Thursday 04 December 2008, Beat Wolf wrote:
> > This patch brings back the possibility to copy paste the current selected
> > date out of the calendar. I also had to adapt the scaling, because the
> > textbox uses vertical space, so the calendar had to use more horizontal
> > space. If you resize the calendar really badly, you will see something
> > like in the second screenshot. But this can't be fixed before 4.3.
>
> why can't this be fixed before 4.3?

We had a discussion in irc, and it seemed like this won't really be possible,
because it introduces too many changes to how the calendar is rendered.
Currently the numbers are pictures, worse, the background boxes are the same
image as the numbers. So this is really bad.
What would be needed:
changing the calendar svg theme
rendering the numbers directly as text. This causes layout problems i heard,
never tried myself.

> > No new string
> > are needed for this, and it brings back a feature which was lost since
> > 4.1, hope this can get in even with feature freeze.
>
> unfortunately this looks fairly ugly, even if it is useful. one solution
> would be to bring back some other missing bits such as the "go to today"
> button and week selector (the layout at the bottom could also likely be
> tweaked with some spacing to make it look good on REALLY wide calendars)

pinhero said he wanted to redo the whole layout, but again, for 4.3.
So in the end i decided that the patch is probably a good start, since in it's
current state, the calendar is really bad... and i also wanted to see if
there is any interest in something like that for 4.2.
But if wanted i can add the "go to today" button and the week selector, should
be quite easy (well, the week selector needs a new string probably, but can
be done without a new one, just the numbers)