Systray Notifications

Matthias Fuchs mat69 at gmx.net
Mon Dec 1 11:44:18 CET 2008

On Sonntag 30 November 2008 23:31:13 Rob Scheepmaker wrote:
> How come that kopete suddenly decided to spam your screen full of
> notifications? That sounds more like the real problem here...

That is the standard setting, and I was somehow used to being spamed by new
mesages spawning notifications, yet in 3.5.X they were smaller. ;)
I turned them off now and use "Open messages instantly".

So imo as long as incoming messages can not be grouped in the notifications
"Show a message in a popup" should not be the standard for "Incoming Message".
Imo rather "Open messages instantly" (Behaviour/General/Message Handling)
should be default.