plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 08:33:31 CEST 2008

Le Monday 25 August 2008, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> * how to integrate with special buttons on these devices?

FYI, I'm planning to channel this through libsolid. API wise we're close to
have everything we need there, so it's really about upgrading the internal
mechanics to make it work.

Once that's done, I'm not exactly sure what would be the best way for plasma
to be notified of the button events. For sharing sake a data engine looks like
a good approach, except that this kind of events don't really have an
interesting state.

The alternative could be to provide an event-ish method in Plasma::Applet.
Just like we have the shouldConserveResources() method in there.

That's roughly my plan for the button handling on this kind of devices.
Comments welcome.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."