plasma-mid (Mobile Internet Device)

Marijn Kruisselbrink m.kruisselbrink at student.tue.nl
Mon Aug 25 03:59:55 CEST 2008

On Monday 25 August 2008 03:22:23 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> App Launcher
> =========
> the app launcher needs to be full screen (modulo the control bar). for a
> first draft we're going to try a layout with a category listing down the
> left and nice large fingerable buttons representing launchable actions on
> the right. simple, effective, beautiful. that's the goal anyways =)
I already played a bit with something vaguely similar (a more or less full
screen app launcher with a category listing down the left and an ugly list
down the right with all the apps in that category). One nice thing that is in
it though is that the list have some form of kinetic scrolling, although the
n810 (or at least qt on the n810) seems to be a bit too slot to make this
actually usable. Also this thing can't actually launch anything, so it's not
really a launcher :) I started this more to get some feeling for how launcher
applet code could look like (and the code I've written is horribly ugly, but
it is at branches/work/soc-plasma-sff/kdebase/plasma/applets/kickoff/sffmenu
and also included in my maemo kdebase-workspace packages).

Marijn