Two patches for notes plasmoid

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 03:34:58 CEST 2008

hi Björn =)

On Sunday 24 August 2008, Björn Ruberg wrote:
> 156312:
> Someone wanted to have the possibility to save the notes content to a file.

why not =)

> As I am new to C++ and KDE-development someone may have look whether I did
> it right. I had to derive from ktextedit to get a new option "save as" in
> the context menu and I had to derive from Plasma::TextEdit for making it
> use my ktextedit as native widget.

that's certainly one of doing it. it's unfortunate that the design of
KTextEdit doesn't not make it easier (e.g. by providing the chance to modify
the popupmenu right before it is shown).

> 168160:
> This restores the vertical scrolling in a plasmoid between plasma-session.
> I have to admit, it does not work correctly. It does not work if the note
> is in the panel and it does not restore the position 100% correct (it's
> more 90% ;) ). But I have some doubts that this is the fault of my
> implementation. Everything I do is to save the scroll value and restore it
> at startup. From my point of view that *should* really work correct. So
> maybe there is a bug in the libaries?

looking at the patch, i'd agree.

i'll test both patches tomorrow and commit them if all is well ... thanks for
the patches, look forward to seeing you around in the future =)

humru othro a kohnu se