Two patches for notes plasmoid

Björn Ruberg bjoern at ruberg-wegener.de
Mon Aug 25 02:04:30 CEST 2008

Hello,

for getting into KDE development I implemented two features that where on the
wishlist in bugzilla for the notes plasmoid.
See bugs 156312 and 168160

156312:
Someone wanted to have the possibility to save the notes content to a file. I
don't know if that is really needed, I just found it to be good exercise for
me. I mean, you can mark all stuff with Ctrl+A, copy it into an editor and
save it manually.
(well, actually you cannot, due to another bug Ctrl+A does not work in notes)
I want to say I could understand it if someone sees this as unnecessary code
bloat. But perhaps you find it useful.
As I am new to C++ and KDE-development someone may have look whether I did it
right. I had to derive from ktextedit to get a new option "save as" in the
context menu and I had to derive from Plasma::TextEdit for making it use my
ktextedit as native widget.

168160:
This restores the vertical scrolling in a plasmoid between plasma-session. I
have to admit, it does not work correctly. It does not work if the note is in
the panel and it does not restore the position 100% correct (it's more 90% ;)
). But I have some doubts that this is the fault of my implementation.
Everything I do is to save the scroll value and restore it at startup. From my
point of view that *should* really work correct. So maybe there is a bug in
the libaries?
Or can someone give me a hint what I can do about that?
Anyway, I find that even now this can enhance the user experience and it does
cannot do harm to anyone, so I uploaded it.

Regards,

Björn