System tray rewrite ready for review

Jason Stubbs jasonbstubbs at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 15:17:03 CEST 2008

Replying to myself...

Jason Stubbs wrote:
> Sebastian Kügler wrote:
>> Positioning and background seem to be messed up here. See the screenshot.
>
> I've reproduced the positioning issue (it depends on the theme) so will
> work on a fix for that,

There's actually two issues. I introduced a bug when rewriting some code
to make it easier to read (now fixed) and a corner case when the size of
two rows lies between the size of the content area with and without the
background. Will continue to work on the latter.

> but can't reproduce the background issue. Does
> the background work correctly in any situations at all?

I noticed after changing VTs that klipper had a white background. After
it got a repaint, the background would go back to normal. I can't
explain this behaviour, but directly setting klipper's background
(rather than the window it is parented to) fixed that issue here. Does
it fix it for you too? If so, I'll update the patch for the current
system tray.

>> Also, when I removed the old systray, and put the new one into its place,
>> the icons wouldn't show up.

>> restarting plasma made it show up in the top left corner, logging out and
>> in again gave me the screenshot results.

Nothing further news on these two at this stage other than I can't see
anything that might be responsible in the code...

--
Jason Stubbs