issues with Extender

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Aug 5 18:47:43 CEST 2008

hi all... (and in particular Rob =)

my first foray into Extenderland has been ok, though not perfect.

things i've noticed:

* we really need a setWidget(QGraphicsWidget*) in Plasma::Dialog ;) otherwise
i can just see us writing these same lines of code over and over again:

        d->calendarDialog = new Plasma::Dialog();
        QVBoxLayout *lay = new QVBoxLayout(d->calendarDialog);
        lay->setMargin(0);
        lay->setSpacing(0);
        QGraphicsView *view = new QGraphicsView(d->calendarDialog);
        lay->addWidget(view);

        view->setScene(scene());
        view->setSceneRect(extender()->mapToScene(extender()-
>geometry()).boundingRect());
        view->resize(extender()->size().toSize());

* we're missing the widgets/grabber svg! i couldn't figure out why i was
getting no drag handle ;)

* the collapse icon (at least i think that is what it is?) gets shown on first
show, but eventully just goes away. i think this is probably related to not
having widgets/grabber in the theme

* when an applet creates an extender, then quits and is restored ... the
extenders are also restored. this was a bit counter-intuitive at first. while
writing the code, i didn't expect all extenders to be persistent, at least not
if the source was the same as the host (e.g. the extender never moved). it was
a bit unexpected =)

humru othro a kohnu se