Fwd: [ANN] QEdje 0.1

Caio Marcelo cmarcelo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 23:08:00 CEST 2008

Hello guys, we've just announced the project in qt-interest, but I
think this could be specially interesting for Plasma (at least to
provide ideas). I'll speak more informally here :-)

Edje is used by E17 and is part of what we call EFL (Enlightenment
Foundation Libraries). The name refers both to the declarative
language but also the library that implements the mechanism.

A *very simple* explanation is: you describe UI elements using Edje (a
button, or a complex thing), it emits signals (strings) and can react
to signals (like fading away when receive "disable" signal). Then the
libedje allows you to create elements in canvas (Evas_Objects) that
behaves like described in the Edje files.

I'm new to Plasma, but I think some ideas in Edje could be useful for
you guys, maybe even allowing using Edje to create plasmoids :-)

More information at qedje website or wiki.enlightenment.org.